Saturday 22 February 2014

You Can't Escape It!


Life is full of ups and downs. There are moments when we wish the celebrations will never end. Also there are times we wish we have a turnaround of situation especially when the situation is hard to bear. At such times one of our options is to run away from the fear [challenge(s)] and most often we do run away. We can’t keep running forever! There are times that we run away from what would have been blessings to us.

There was a time that I came across a book at a conference in Gombe State, Nigeria titled ‘Anointing for Endurance’ written by Reverend Tunde Bolanta. I ran away from it because I said to myself that “I have faced alot in life and I don’t need that kind of anointing, I rather prefer Anointing for Prosperity”. To prosper is good. And I pray that we won’t fall short of it in Jesus’ name. However, the Lord spoke to me on getting to my base at Yirmishika under Hawul Local Government in Borno State. He said “Have you forgotten that without endurance you can’t be saved? And he took me to Matthew 24:13 –

But the one who endures to the end will be saved. (NLT)

On reading this, I pleaded for grace from God. Are you experiencing some challenges and you feel like giving up? Please don’t! Hold on, you will be saved. God is set to give the needed victory when you take your stand as a soldier.

Soldiers don’t quit rather they strategise, re-strategise and fortify themselves. As Christian soldiers we fortify ourselves with the word of God, ceaseless prayers and by yielding to the Holy Spirit. Then are we able to endure till we are saved. You can’t escape enduring if you want to be saved. Hold on, don’t give up. Shalom.

No comments:

Post a Comment