Wednesday 16 April 2014

Be Watchful and Stay Alert


Sleep in itself is a call of nature and medically, one is advised to have an average of eight hours of sleep in a day. This helps to strengthen the body for the activities of the day. In the realm of the physical, sleep is inevitable; doing without it could lead to insanity. However, do you know that sleep is not permitted in the realm of the spirit? A little slumber could be fatal. Quite a number of people are in this mess.

A couple of years back I met a tall and intelligent young man who was deformed. In my curiosity, I asked him what caused it. His response shocked me. He said “I slept normal but woke up deformed”. That kept me thinking and baffled for several days. He lost his original physical image.

But when men slept, the enemy came and sowed tares among the wheat, and went his way.

                                                                           Matthew 13:25

... Be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walks about, seeking whom he may devour (1 Peter 5:8). In the realm of the spirit, indolence or slumbering is not tolerated.

Therefore there is no room for sleep. Families, marriages and ministries are being destroyed because men have slept. No one is praying as they ought to. Reading and studying of the bible has gone down as well as godliness; only a few are watchful. However, God’s desire is that we should be vigilant to prevent the onslaughts of the devil. It is never too late to stay awake spiritually. Using the words of Jesus “what I say unto you I say unto all, watch”. It is my prayer that we shall not experience any form of deformity either physically or spiritually in Jesus’ name. Amen.

Be watchful and stay alert!

No comments:

Post a Comment