Friday 7 March 2014

Watch What You Hear



What we pay attention to have a way of affecting our lives. If we pay attention to things that cause doubts or fears it will make us fearful and pessimistic. It is important for Christians to know and check what they listen to. Sometime ago I had a ministration in a village in the North Eastern part of Nigeria on a Sunday morning so I had to spend the preceding night in that village because we had to trek for about one hour from the nearest motor able settlement to the village. On arrival we were warmly received and taken to our room. The brother who took us to the room then said “there was a time that a snake came to meet me when I was on my bed in this room; the reason why I am telling you is because you are men of God and I know that you won’t be afraid”. Aah! That was it. I couldn’t sleep and became afraid because I heard the wrong words.

Have you also heard words that are causing you sleepless nights? If yes, then listen to this “In peace I will both lie down and sleep, for You, Lord, alone make me dwell in safety and confident trust” (Psalms 4:8 AMP). Glory! With this word of grace I slept off. Therefore be careful of what you listen to because it either makes or mars you. Let the word of God permeate your fears and doubts. It is expedient to pay attention to the word of God! Be blessed in Jesus’ name. SHALOM.

No comments:

Post a Comment